Week 3 - Preparation, Adaptation, and New Discoveries

 Compared to the previous weeks, week three was much quieter and calmer. Due to the energy-saving policy in the Philippines caused by the ongoing war situation, most activities were limited, and we spent more time staying at home or indoors. Even though there were fewer outdoor activities, this week still became an important part of my journey because it gave me time to prepare myself more seriously for the upcoming teaching demonstrations.

Most of the days were spent working on lesson plans, preparing teaching materials, and discussing ideas for our classroom demonstrations. At first, staying indoors for a long time felt a little boring, especially after the exciting activities from previous weeks. However, I realized that this quieter period was actually useful because it allowed me to focus more on improving my preparation and understanding of the lessons I would teach later.

During this week, I learned that being a teacher requires a lot of preparation behind the scenes. Creating lesson plans was not only about writing activities for students, but also about thinking carefully about how to make the class interesting, interactive, and effective. I spent time organizing learning objectives, preparing classroom activities, and finding ways to engage students better. Although it was tiring at times, it also helped me become more responsible and organized.


The most exciting moment of this week finally came on Friday when the English Department invited us to visit Ormoc City. After spending many days mostly indoors, this trip felt very refreshing and enjoyable. During the visit, we also had the opportunity to meet the mayor of Ormoc City. It was such an honor and memorable experience for me because I never expected to have the chance to meet a government leader directly during this program. The meeting gave us a warm welcome and made us feel appreciated as international participants.

During the trip, we visited several interesting places around Ormoc City. One of them was a pineapple plantation where we could see rows of pineapple plants growing beautifully. It was my first time visiting a plantation like that, so I found it very interesting to learn more about local agriculture and farming activities in the area.


We also visited Lake Bato, which had a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The scenery was beautiful, and the fresh air made the place feel very calming. After spending many days focused on lesson plans and indoor activities, being surrounded by nature again felt refreshing and helped me recharge my energy.


Another memorable stop during the trip was a restaurant and chocolate production place that produced authentic local chocolate. I was very excited because I could see and learn a little about how local chocolate products were made. The smell of chocolate inside the place was amazing, and many of the products looked delicious. Before leaving, I decided to buy some chocolate as souvenirs to bring home. It felt nice to bring back something special from the experience.


Even though week three was not as active or eventful as the previous weeks, it still gave me valuable experiences and lessons. I learned how to adapt to unexpected situations, stay productive during quiet moments, and appreciate small opportunities to explore and enjoy new places. This week reminded me that even simple experiences can become meaningful memories during this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 — First Arrival, New Experiences, and Warm Welcomes

Week 4 — Facing My Fears and Creating Last Memories

Week 2— Sharing Cultures, Protecting Nature, and Inspiring Classrooms