A Journey I Will Never Forget
Looking back on these past weeks in the Philippines, I realize that this journey was more than just an academic program or an international experience. It became a chapter of my life filled with growth, challenges, unforgettable memories, and meaningful connections that I will always carry with me wherever I go.
When I first arrived, everything felt unfamiliar — the environment, the people, the culture, and even the way of life. I felt nervous, excited, and curious all at the same time. I did not know what to expect, but slowly, day by day, the Philippines began to feel less like a foreign place and more like a second home.
Throughout this journey, I experienced so many things for the first time. I shared meals and cultures with people from different backgrounds, planted mangroves while learning the importance of protecting nature, visited beautiful places in Ormoc City, met local government leaders, and tasted authentic local chocolate that I will always remember. Even the quiet moments spent preparing lesson plans taught me patience, discipline, and responsibility.
One of the most unforgettable parts of this experience was standing in front of a classroom as a teacher for the very first time. I still remember how nervous I was before entering the class. My hands felt cold, my heart beat so fast, and I kept doubting myself. But the moment I started teaching and saw the students smiling, answering questions, and participating enthusiastically, something changed inside me. I realized that growth often begins with fear, and confidence is built by daring to try.
Beyond the activities and academic experiences, the people I met became the most valuable part of this journey. The friendships, laughter, conversations, and support we shared made every challenge easier and every moment more meaningful. We came from different cultures and backgrounds, yet somehow we became like a family. Those late conversations, shared meals, group activities, and moments of helping each other are memories that I know I will miss deeply.
The culmination event became the perfect ending to this beautiful journey. Singing together with friends and performing silat in front of everyone made me feel proud to share a part of my culture. At that moment, I realized how much I had changed since the first day I arrived. I was no longer the nervous person who stepped into a new country with uncertainty. I had become someone more confident, open-minded, and grateful for every experience.
Of course, not every day was perfect. There were moments of exhaustion, homesickness, confusion, and pressure. But perhaps those difficult moments were the ones that taught me the most. They taught me how to adapt, how to stay strong, and how to appreciate the people around me.
Now, as this journey comes to an end, I feel both happy and sad. Happy because I was given the chance to experience something so special, but sad because I know moments like these do not last forever. The Philippines gave me more than memories — it gave me lessons, friendships, courage, and a new perspective on life.
Some journeys may end, but the memories, the people, and the feelings they leave behind will stay forever.
And for me, the Philippines will always be more than just a place I visited.
It will always be a place that changed me.
Thankyou everyone, thankyou Philippines 🇵🇭
Comments
Post a Comment