Week 4 — Facing My Fears and Creating Last Memories

 Week four became one of the most unforgettable and emotional weeks of my journey. After spending the previous weeks preparing lesson plans and observing classes, this week was finally the time for us to conduct our teaching demonstrations. I felt both excited and nervous because it was my first real experience teaching students directly in the classroom.

I was assigned to teach students in Grade 7 and Grade 10. Before entering the classroom, I felt extremely nervous and my heart was beating so fast. I kept thinking about whether the students would understand my lesson, whether I could explain the material clearly, and whether I could manage the classroom well. Even though I had prepared carefully, standing in front of the class as a teacher was still a completely different experience.



However, once the lesson started, I slowly became more confident. The students were active, cooperative, and willing to participate during the activities. Seeing them respond to my questions and engage in the lesson made me feel relieved and happy. Through this teaching demonstration, I learned that teaching is not only about delivering lessons, but also about building communication, confidence, patience, and connection with students.

This experience became one of the most meaningful moments for me because it gave me a real picture of what it feels like to become a teacher. Although I was nervous at first, I felt proud of myself for being able to face the challenge and complete the teaching sessions. It was truly a valuable new experience that taught me many important lessons for my future.

At the end of the week, we also had a special culmination event that felt like a farewell celebration for all of us. The event was filled with performances, laughter, and emotional moments because it marked the nearing end of our journey together. Everyone prepared performances to make the night memorable and enjoyable.



Together with my friends, I performed a singing performance during the event. It was such a fun and exciting moment because we could enjoy the stage together and entertain everyone. Besides singing, I also performed silat, a traditional Indonesian martial art. I felt proud to introduce part of Indonesian culture in front of everyone. Performing silat in another country became a very special experience for me because it allowed me to share my culture and represent my country with confidence.




The culmination event was filled with happiness, appreciation, and togetherness, but at the same time, it also felt emotional because we realized that our time together was slowly coming to an end. Looking back on this week, I felt grateful for all the experiences, challenges, and memories that I gained. Week four taught me about courage, confidence, friendship, and the importance of appreciating every moment in this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 — First Arrival, New Experiences, and Warm Welcomes

Week 2— Sharing Cultures, Protecting Nature, and Inspiring Classrooms