Week 2— Sharing Cultures, Protecting Nature, and Inspiring Classrooms
My second week became even more exciting and meaningful as I started to adjust to the new environment, meet more people, and experience many new activities. Compared to the first week, I felt more comfortable communicating with others and participating in every program. Each day brought different experiences that helped me learn not only academically, but also socially and personally. This week was filled with memorable moments that I will always remember as part of this incredible journey.
One of the most memorable highlights this week was our food-sharing session together. Everyone prepared and brought food from their own country or region, and we gathered around the table to share meals, stories, and laughter. The atmosphere was very warm and joyful because we were able to experience different cultures through food. It was interesting to see the variety of dishes, flavors, and eating traditions from different backgrounds. Some foods were completely new to me, and trying them became such a fun experience.
More than just eating together, this activity helped us become closer to one another. While sharing food, we also shared stories about our hometowns, traditions, and daily lives. I realized that even though we come from different cultures and backgrounds, we can still connect and build friendships through simple moments like this. The laughter, conversations, and togetherness during the meal made me feel grateful to be surrounded by such kind and welcoming people.
Another meaningful activity during this week was planting mangroves together. This activity was not only enjoyable but also educational because it taught us the importance of protecting and preserving the environment. We worked together under the hot weather, walking through muddy areas while carrying and planting young mangrove trees. Even though it was physically tiring, everyone remained enthusiastic and continued helping one another throughout the activity.
Through this experience, I learned that mangroves play a very important role in protecting coastal areas and supporting marine ecosystems. It felt rewarding to know that our small actions could contribute to something beneficial for nature and future generations. Besides learning about environmental conservation, this activity also strengthened our teamwork and cooperation. We encouraged each other, laughed together, and enjoyed every moment despite the challenges.
This week was also special because I had my very first classroom observation experience. I felt both nervous and excited because it was my first time directly observing students in a real classroom environment. However, once the lesson started, I became amazed by how active, enthusiastic, and energetic the students were during the class.
The students participated confidently, answered questions actively, and seemed genuinely excited to learn. Their enthusiasm created a very positive classroom atmosphere that made the learning process more interactive and enjoyable. Watching the teacher manage the class and engage with the students also gave me valuable insights and inspiration. I learned that creating an active and supportive learning environment is very important in helping students become more confident and motivated.
This first observation experience opened my eyes to the realities of the classroom and helped me understand more about the role of a teacher. It also motivated me to continue improving myself, especially in communication, confidence, and classroom interaction skills.
Overall, my second week was full of valuable experiences, meaningful lessons, and unforgettable memories. From sharing food and cultures, planting mangroves together, to experiencing my first classroom observation, every activity gave me new perspectives and helped me grow as a person. I am truly grateful for all the people, experiences, and opportunities that made this week so special, and I look forward to discovering even more in the coming weeks.



Comments
Post a Comment